Bantu by Yodit in ELLE magazine!!!

I was screaming when I heard this news from my big sis.

A family friend of ours, Yodit Eklund has her own swimsuit line {Bantu} and was featured as part of the fashion spotlight article in Elle Magazine this month!!!
Last summer she had mentioned to me that she started her own swimsuit line, I just didn't realize how big her line has gotten. Her line has been picked up by .. ahem ... ANTHROPOLOGIE, Barneys NY, and Fred Segal to name a few, and I'm sure with this article her name will be even more sought after. Also Bantu made an appearance in The New York Times “Sunday Style” feature on Memorial Day beach clothes ... how awesome is that?

I'm sooo excited for her, I texted her baby brother asap to give her my love and congrats! As for her company Bantu ... “It is Bantu’s mission to support and grow the African economy while providing high-quality working standards, opportunities for growth, and a living wage to its workers,” says Yodit Eklund, Bantu’s founder. “Hopefully consumers will begin demanding finished products from Africa, a place typically only considered for raw materials.” Great stuff. I'll be wearing my African pants her mom gave me last summer in celebration! hehe! YAY!

Buy Bantu !!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOW FUNNY! i just bbmed yodit to tell her you commented on my post!!

she is absolutely incredible!! thanks for stopping by!