Work In Progress



It's about time to pull out my art box. It's been collecting dust in a corner, neglected and forgotten for a while now. I've been inspired by a lot of art my sister and I have been finding online on blogs, portfolios and websites. I was wanting to render a new piece on la computadora but since I don't have any software I can use I had to do it by hand.

It's a work in progress because I've decided to take my time with this piece, building up the colors and figure out where I'm trying to go with it.

Because it's still not finished, I've yet to come up with a tittle for it. Also I have no concrete story behind it yet so please bear with.

I took two different directions between day one and day two. I wasn't really going anywhere on day one. I was thinking of just making another one of my random collages with silly characters and random nonsense. On day two I wanted to take the random nonsense to another level, a more serious one. I normally don't do mixed media if it isn't required of me but after seeing a friend's sketchbook I wanted to try my hand at mixed media again. I also added text, which you can't clearly read but it'll all make sense when I finish...if I finish.

Thats all for now.

[media used: graphite, colored pencil, acrylic paint, pen]

No comments: