I do

I finally said yes to shooting.


After turning down two other weddings, I finally had the courage to said yes to shooting my first wedding. To get straight to the point: I am an amature {only aspiring to be much more}, that's why I turned down two other couples who had the confidence and trust in asking me to shoot their weddings. But it wasn't until now did I accept such an honor and responsibility and faced my fears. But in fairness, I only took up the responsibility to be a second shooter, not a #1. I still lack in so much, like equipment {me and my rinky-dinky camera pale in comparison to the actual shooter their hired} and also in experiance, but I'm getting there one wedding at a time.


I'll be nothing but honest and come right now and say that I was absolutely nervous on Saturday. It may appear that I'm nothing but confident about my work like my photography and such, but I am human and when it comes to taking my photography to the next level, like going "semi-pro" {haha} and shooting for other people ... I get so self conscious and begin to doubt myself.


What keeps me going, keeps me motivated, and keeps me positive about my work ... has been my family, and my loving group of friends.

I have the best group of friends I could ever ask for when it comes to support. I felt like a rockstar right before the wedding reception when I heard my rowdy group of friends cheer me on like I was about to compete in the olympics or something, but in reality I was only shooting wedding photos. It reminded me of high school when they would all so obnoxiously cheer me on at my chorus concerts like we were at a football game, showing me love like no other.

And at the wedding that day, confidence was what I lacked ... until I was shown love by my wonderful friends and fam, from a balcony way above my head.


I am so grateful and blessed that Kuya Jacob & Ate Richa so confidently entrusted me with helping capture their wedding and be apart of their big day. I pray that God will richly bless their marriage, grow them in love, and that their new life together will not just a beautiful wedding, but a blissful and sweet journey.


As for me, I've just added real photographers, with giant cameras
with deep Russian accents; to my list of scary things.


Many photos to come & praise God for
every opportunity He brings my way.

1 comment:

sharyl said...

yay!!! more pictures please!