Weekend away

Last weekend's random road trip to VA beach has left me craving more down time and sunshine ... here's the entry I've been putting on hold.


My road trip buddies ... (more boys were in the other car).


Though a four hour trip turned into a seven hour trip, we had some fun tunes to keep us busy, or more like keep us dancing ... ok, more like to keep me dancing ... hahaha


With Ashley and a GPS to navigate us, traffic was our only enemy.



I hung out in the back seat with little Kenneth boy ...


... and ate Gladdys



Upon arrival we headed straight to the beach...










When our beachy adventures where over and Sunday morning rolled around, we headed out to church then went out for a yummy lunch. But before getting anywhere after church Glenn's sunglasses went M.I.A. ...



Glenn's shades went from the roof of the car, and slid down on to top of the trunk ... but they were saved by careful driving and cautious turning on Glenn's part.


The highlight of our lunch was halo-halo.



And afterwards we hit a bit of rain ... though the clouds cleared for us just before reaching Busch Gardens.



Traffic sucked on the way to the park,
but being in good company on the road took care of that.


We even made new friends along the way.


And of course ... a bit more dancing on my behalf.


Once at the park we headed straight for the coasters and wasted little time.



Of course we broke some rules and ate Gladdys brought her camera on to Apollo's Chariot to capture some amazing moments.


And on the way up Allen ,my coaster partner for the day, freaked out at how high we were getting {as you can see on his face} hehe.


Hahaha ... I swear I was laughing the entire time.


After we got off Apollo's Chariot I looked out for Tim's picture again, and of course His crazy picture with his two best friends was still there framed ... what a bunch of goofs.




The whole day was filled with coaster fun and awesome company ... every moment was filled with laughter and I'm so glad I got to spend a weekend with these guys.


We took group pictures left and right


And there was tons of bromance for everyone .. hehe


The ladies were def. out numbered but were great fun ..


And the guys, were crazy .. haha


The best and final ride of the night was the merry go 'round!!!


When we finally called it quites a huge storm headed our way and we got stuck outside of the parking lot waiting to the rain to stop so we could take the train to our cars ... I was totally terrified but God was good and the rain let up long enough for us to get out on the road and get home safely.

What a weekend.

No comments: