Another day Downtown

I woke up fairly early yesterday did my morning routine sans breakfast {bad idea considering I get hungry so quickly} and assumed it'd be another day at home by myself. But as I was on my morning phone call I heard foot steps around the house then the front door close followed by silence. I ran quickly, opened the door and caught Glenn and Ashley leaving and asked them where they were headed. They said they were head Downtown and asked if I wanted to go and of course knowing me, I never give up an opportunity to head downtown even if I've been there a million times. There's always something I haven't done or seen.

Photobucket

So we head Downtown via Metro.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Once on the mall, we were greeted by the charm of the bare trees.
Photobucket



From a distance you could see the inaugural stage up as we passed the Capital.
Then we headed inside for some warmth, insects, fossils, and Diamonds.
Photobucket

Photobucket

After we saw the fossils and touched an insect we headed to the loveliest part of the museum...
The diamonds! You know what they says, "diamonds are a girls best friend".
Photobucket

The Hope Diamond was stunning in all it's 45.5 carat glory.
Photobucket

Marie Antoinette's earrings were grand as well.
Photobucket

The yellow diamonds were a sight to see.

And the turquoise crown was soo beautiful.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Kryptonite? No my birthstone, aqua marine.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Seeing all these crystals and stones reminded me of all the time I spent making jewelry with my aunt after high school. Going to jewelry show after jewelry show falling in love gems and rocks of all sorts. From my jewelry adventures Jade and Amethyst have captured my heart forever. And after all the lovely jewels and precious stones, we headed out to the Sculpture garden to bask in the winter sunlight and ice skate in the cold winter air.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket





Photobucket

We had ourselves happy feet even in the cold.
Photobucket

... even while going backwards.
Photobucket




Dancing on ice can be just as nice too.

Photobucket


Photobucket
Photobucket


















Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

As the sun began to set, the temperature began to drop so we headed home. It was a day well spent learning and skating and freezing. Praise God for museums and downtown fun.

4 comments:

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

ok i am o-fficially jealous! we've been wanting to road trip to dc for a while! thanks for lettin us take a peak inside through your blog!

Ica said...

it's my pleasure! if you guys ever come out here i can show you around the best parts of town, and trade for some surf lessons maybe? .. how's the soCal surf? hahahhah david and kimi you guys rock!

krissamartinez said...

aww...so jealous. wish i could be there! these pictures are beautiful!

Unknown said...

i like the Metro Red picture