A week off, but God's goodness is alway on

So apparently I'm a pretty good sales person. If I had any doubt in myself before, this past week's events at work have diminished most of that self doubt.

I took an entire week off from work to make way for new years celebrating and a week of touring Krissa around DC, VA, and MD as she stayed with us for her east coast get away. I didn't think much would happen while I was away from work, but my was I wrong. In the middle of my week off I received a text that let us all know that it was the last week for the Holiday Associates, this i knew. Then a few days later I got a phone call from my manager that things would be changing around the store, and that everyone besides our managers and two associates were being laid off, one of the remaining associates was me.

I was happy and soo grateful that they kept me but I also feel horrible that they had to let go of employees who've been there for more than 10 years, where as I am the newest on staff besides the Holiday help. Just yesterday I found out that it was not our manager's decision nor did he decide who to keep or who to let go, but it was all our District Manager's call. He's like one of the "big guys" and upon our first meeting called me his "little rock star" because of my number of sales being so high, thus the reason he kept me and also counts on me to keep on selling. I never thought I'd really be good at selling, though I am a people person, but I praise God for blessing me with abilities I'm not even aware of.

I also praise God for being soo good to me and watching out for me even if I've been away from work for a week. For providing my job, and also allowing me to keep my job. In my life the Lord seems to always be taking away something to challenge me and better me, and for me to be able to keep my Job is a relief, blessing and praise. God's goodness and love never takes a day off.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ica, God is so gracious to us even though we don't deserve it. I too survived a layoff, and I praise God for being so good to me. For me things have been difficult these past few months, but I lean on God's love, because I know His love never fails.

helen said...

praise God, ica!!!!! :))))

sharyl said...

Yay that's awesome! so i guess you'll be saving enough money to come visit? hhaaha!