Spontaneous Strawberries

I've hardly been in the mood to blog lately, but this little adventure is a must.
Photobucket
Early Wednesday morning my mom, who usually let's me wake up on my own because she knows I work at night, woke me up asking if I wanted to go pick some strawberries. Because of the sound of her voice and look on her face I knew she was excited and ready to, so I got ready in a jiffy ... then we were off.
Photobucket
I'm always up for spontaneous adventures, and I'm glad my mom took me on one she's been wanting to take. I'm usually the brains behind spontaneous adventures, though now I see I might have gotten that from her. Once we got there we took out our big ole summer hats and headed down to the patch.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
First we were assigned a row to help guide us to some yummy berries. But apparently we had the whole patch to ourselves so really it was an "all you could pick" buffet.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The whole field smelt of sweet berries, it was so delightful.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
At the end of our adventure me and mom took home a bucket
of strawberries, each ... and a few more pictures for the road.
Photobucket
I have this secret talent of breaking into places ... hehe
so I thought I would try my luck with this barn.
Photobucket
My mom just thought it'd be cute to pose.. hehe
Photobucket
I love mi madre, and our spontaneous strawberry adventure.
Photobucket

Last thing ...
Photobucket
I've not had the luxury of time to sit and sew, but I did manage to whip up a little skirt for myself last week and finally took her out for our little trip. I didn't have a pattern on me, which is always the case so I just played around and TADA! I really wanna make more.. hopefully I can soon.
Photobucket
I'm glad this week is coming to an end,
it's nice to finally have both feet back on solid ground.

No comments: