Art-o-matic 2009

Finally, a whole year has past and Artomatic is once again open. 
I've been ever so excited since last year's visit and knew I'd be in
for a real treat this year.
Photobucket
This time around, I ventured into South East DC {as the location changes every year} with my broder Glenn. Mind you South East DC = L.A.'s Compton ... Not the safest part of town but we got out alive. PTL.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Once we arrived we had about 9 stories of art ahead of us.
So much to do, see and explore.a

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Art Whino artist rock.

Photobucket
From the gallery you could see the National's Baseball park a block over. If you got high enough you could even watch the game. I've yet to experience a baseball game. Another must, on my to-do list.
Photobucket
I'm sure this look just like scribbles, technically it is, but if you get up close you'll see how amazing this ink illustration is. I can only imagine how long it took to make.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
After walking around for a few moments we finally met up with little Miss. Aimee who was one of the few to join us on this spontaneous art adventure of ours. This girl is truly amazing, another artist with amazing talent and I'm so excited that she's going into the graphic design field too.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
There was so much art, all made by local talent {DC-MD-VA artists}.
Photobucket
Photobucket
There was again, a live tattoo artist. Pretty sick.
Photobucket
Out of all the pieces I saw that day, this piece struck up my favorite conversation of the day with Aimee. There's so much about it to analyze. Can you guess the name of the piece?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
"Wasteland 2.0" Such an awesome piece.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I was sad that I was pretty disappointed by the photography through out the gallery. There were only a handful of photography installations that wowed me. I've actually been more moved and inspired by photography I've seen on blogs and online portfolios. Well anywhos, this one photography themed your installation around Greece. And man ... I dream of going to greece one day, this just made me want to go even more.
Photobucket
Before our day ended, we got a quick visit from Mobin & Andrew.
Photobucket
So sad that they didn't get to see alot of the gallery, but hopefully we can all go back again before it closes. {July 5th is the closing date so if you're in the area make sure you go out and see it!}

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man that is so cool. I love art exhibits. I go to the local one here that has new exhibits every few weeks. Last week they had the art director (i think art director) of Up, and before that James Jean was there.

You've never been to a baseball game? I heard that national stadium is really nice. If you come out to SoCal during baseball season, we'll go to an Angels game. Why an Angels game? Because the Angels are AMAZING!

Ica said...

I love love love art shows, galleries, museums .. anything art. I like James Jean alot too. Me and my best friend went to the National Gallery Last year to see his work.

And I'm totally taking you up on that offer to go to an Angels game. I'm not big on baseball {I'm more football than anything else} but I'm still dying to go. YAY!

richelle jean said...

that looks sooo cooooooool...
i wanna go!!!