The Sweetest Gig

PhotobucketPhotobucket
As if I'm not already busy enough with my part time job, my online job, and various other tasks to juggle around, the last few months I've been working as a freelance photographer for a contracting firm, conducting photo shoots of the company's previously contracted spaces in use (mainly offices and businesses). I've definitely enjoyed working for them, and it's been a blessing that they keep coming back to do work with me. I'll be honest, I didn't expect them to keep me around as long as they have because I know very little about corporate photography. But I'm glad they have, it's been a great experience.
Photobucket
My latest job for them was two weeks ago and it was the SWEETEST gig ever, literally.
Photobucket
I got to do a shoot in the National Confectioners Association office, the only place where candy means business. And boy did I have a good time.
Photobucket
It was pretty dangerous that they left me unsupervised in their "candy shop" ... but I managed.
Photobucket
Later on in the shoot I slipped into the President's office to take a few
pictures of his office space, and guess what I spied with my little eye?
Photobucket
Photos of Lauren Graham a.k.a. Lorelai chillin on a side table.
Photobucket
I talked with the President for a bit and he told me Lauren Graham is his daughter, and that she's currently on Broadway as Adelaide in Guys and Dolls. He also said that if I was ever in NY to go see her perform. Sigh ... there's so much I still haven't seen on Broadway. Guys and Dolls is another must.
Photobucket
This office by far was the most colorful and most playful I've seen the company design, I'm glad I got assigned to shoot it. Also at the end of my visit the office sent me home with a bag full of sweets, a lovely little perk for an already super awesome gig. I love this job.

4 comments:

sharyl said...

take me with you!! i'll be your personal assistant! candy heaven!

Jacquie said...

Wow! That is mos def one, big ptL! I'm happy that you're happy. We'll catch up one day.

Unknown said...

mos def is an amazing rapper! Awesome pictures. I hope to be as good as you one day.

Ica said...

you three are too awesome!!!