Art-o-Matic!


1,000 artist, 10 floors of art, one place.



The day started out with Metro adventures with the Nikon Kids.





It's been forever and a day, but the Nikon kids finally got together!
Besides your's truly, the Nikon kids of the day were:


Tim {Tolentino}


Ej


and my BFF Emem.


For lunch we hit up China Town ...
{on my day off .. hahahah .. I work at a Chinese Restaurant if you didn't know}



EJ was a sweetheart and lunch was on him .. and it was yummy! Chicken feet and Shark's fin .. it was a adventurous day to say the least.


After a good hardy meal we all headed Downtown and hit up Art-o-Matic!









Once inside the art began.


Before I go on and share more about our incredible day, all of these artist were from the Metropolitan area { DC, MD, and VA} which gave me even more inspiration knowing that there are so many talented artist in the area.







I was totally fooled with this one. The wood was ever so delicately painted to perfection, as well as the tape that holds up the smaller image.


This piece took my breath away. Although these two painting were on two separate canvas they read as one, and though they were very large pieces the detail in both paintings were astonishing.


Her set was cute and quirky, and her photos I loved.


I knew from a far that this mosaic was made out of guitar picks, in lue of it's style and theme. I loved the concept and it was awesome to see how many ways music was incorporated into this piece.




This piece freaking rocked.


One of my favorite photo sets. Well thought out and I love his use of color.


Pin hole photography at it's finest. I've never seen such amazing photos taken by a pin hole camera. Granted, this guy is a pro at what he does, but I am still in awe of the contrast and even the dept of field on these images. It takes patiences, great skill and lots of time to do pin hole photography ( I remember how hard it was in school), but because of this I am totally inspired to give it another try.






Even the surrounding area was photo worthy.




I've always adored 360 {degrees} photography, and I still don't know exactly how it's done but this interactive piece was one I'll never forget.



This piece reminds me of Etsy forsho!




I loved this polaroid photographer's use of mixed media.


The "Peep" show was awesome. $1 goes to the person who can tell me what this is suppost to be. Heheh

I couldn't get enough of the random graff through out the entire building.




One of my faves.


Postcard rite?


... more like flying man's view on things ... hahah


CHUCK YOU!
hehe



"DON'T EAT THE ART"


I want to do a project like this one day. Who's game?


"AHHHHCHOOOO!"


Pretty art makes pretty silhouettes.


MY FAV graphic designer of the day.



Before calling it a day .. we found some more graff.



The Nikon kids YO!


I LOVE art, and spending the day at the gallery totally inspired every part of me to continue to grow in my knowledge and skills and even my passion for everything art. It was such a blessing to see such amazing work and also share the day with friends who can appreciate it just the same. Sometimes inspiration comes when you go looking for it, and to say the least .. I found more than enough inspiration to keep me going for quite some time.

Our day definitely didn't end there,
we went to Union Station and across town
but I'm content in sharing thing just of the gallery itself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

peeps -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMnk7lh9M3o&feature