17th Anniversary



I've been busy all week so I haven't had much time to properly blog about our church anniversary on saturday. So as I begin to recap the day, I wanted to start with my favorite moment of the day, the end of the day.

Although it was a day set aside to review and give praise for seventeen beautiful years as a church, it was the moment where we were giving praise for the blessings of the day that nearly brought me to tears.

After every church anniversary, when all the events are done and everything is cleaned up we gather as a church and give praise to God through prayer. Normally we'd gather in the church santuary to pray, but instead we gathered in the fellowship hall in the basement of the church and made a big circle to pray as a church, as a family.

It was that very moment that created a complete circle for me.

Although I was very little, I can still recall how our church got started. One thing I have never forgotten is how we'd always come together as a fellowship, or even as a church body and hold hands in a circle at the end of every service or meeting or what have you, because we still do that today. What got me was the place we were standing, it was in the fellowship hall where we use to gather, and it was in that very same room where my dad and pastor would hold a little worship service for a mission group consisting of a handful of Filippinos hungry for the Lord.


my girls, my heart.





My best girls and my godson ... gotta love 'em.


It's been ages since we've sung as Joyful Praise.












Me and Em tag teamed with our Mr. Macs in our MacLovin Sacs!


It was Elijah's first church Anniversary!


I took the last piece of my mommy's yummy cake!



the day ended with some photo fun in the parking lot ...


No comments: