Gadgets and gizmos of plenty

I've been patiently waiting for this week to finally be over, it's been a long very one, and I was only really looking forward to jumping into bed early on a Friday night for once and calling it a day. But I was definitely taken by surprise by the gift giving of the day.


It's been a crazy hectic couple of months, and me and my whole family haven't had much time to catch our breath, so it's only now that my sister has had the time to get me my birthday present. But I've definitely been in no rush what so ever and the wait was totally worth it because my lovely sister bought me not only a lovely and pretty expensive present, but it was a really thoughtful one.


If you know me, I'm never usually without my camera, and photography is one of my many passions. But that passion started somewhere, it began with my sister. She was the one who properly introduced me to photography and showed me how beautiful it was to capture moments, put it on film then put it on paper to share with the world. It was her photographs that truly inspired me to take up photography, and it's become a part of me ever since.

To have my sister continue to bless me with the gift of photography (in the form of a new lens) is another blessing in itself. I love my sister, and I love her for introducing me to something I love so much and can share with her.


... So watch out! I'm armed and dangerous ... and I will shoot!

I've named her Darla by the way, and why that name? no apparent reason,
but she's quite a beauty she's a 18-135mm wide angle mama.

As for other gadgets and gizmos, I got my gorilla from Hong Kong the other day and I'm so excited to test it's limits and go crazy with it. This baby tabletop tripod can climb trees and do cartwheels, I just hope it can carry all of Darla's weight.. hahah ... shes a bit on the heaver side. I've been in need of a little handy dandy tripod, something to keep my baby steady ... so for now it's me my gorilla and Darla.



Happy weekend!

3 comments:

sharyl said...

holy mother of all lenses!! that thing is ginormous!

Anonymous said...

hey ica!

thank you so much for the comment on my xanga. kenny kim is incredible and a great mentor of mine and more so a brother in Christ.

small world huh...we all have a passion for big cameras, sick pics, and God :-)

you are very talented!!! i really like your artsy pics and nice clothes. you gotta go to Greece...the scenery is sick!!

i hope to hear more from you soon. keep up the work. enjoy your new lens. Praise God!

-Alex

myrrh said...

Darla is sexy