Hosanna

Back in June or July of last year I fell upon Brooke Fraser, and even wrote this entry about it, and since then I've been inspired and encouraged by all the beautiful music she writes and her amazing voice, but also as member of the praise band at church I am inspired by her in the aspect of leading worship.






For weeks I've had this song constantly playing in the back of my head. And I'm really excited to finally introducing it to our congregation this weekend. It's inspiring how the song was written, as Brooke Fraser was writing it, the the most essential part of the song, the chorus, just so happen to come last.

By definition, "Hosanna" in Hebrew is an exclamation of praise meaning, Christ save us, which is in context of the song, what "the people sing" and though it's been generations upon generations, the people still sing and will forever continue to sing Hosanna. The Lord is timeless and so are His praises and it's what connects this generation to the next, as a church, as a body.

No comments: