The Dare!!!

Over the weekend I was challenged to a dare by my best friend.
The "I am not my hair dare" as we have now dubbed it.

Lately I haven't been able to decide whether or not to keep growing out my hair or just cut it short again because it's been in the "in between stage" forever. But then I finally had an epiphany, maybe I should take a selfless approach to my hair style and grow it out to donate it to Locks of Love again. It was just an idea, but when I mentioned it to my BFF she said "I dare you". We shook on it and now I've surrendered my head of hair to the cause for the next 12 months starting January.

One of the first things I did after high school was cut 10 inches off for Locks of Love. It was a huge deal for me because for as long as I could remember I always had long hair and I thought I'd miss it. To my misjudgment, a short do was so becoming of me, I've never gone back to long hair since.

One of my "seestars", Rio Joy, is in on the dare too. We've both got a long way to go because our current hair styles are relatively short, though Rio's is much shorter than mines. We've also found a dilema because Rio has been wanting to color my hair for her portfolio. We've only got less than a month to do so, so don't be surprised if you see my hair color crazy in the near future. I'm very excited for both the dare and the color... I'll be posting more about it soon.

For now, I dare you too!
{who's with me???}

4 comments:

sharyl said...

i am so with you! i've been trying to grow my hair out for the last year but i easily get bored with it and would have unplanned trips to the hair cutting place. but now i'm trying my best to stay put and just grow it out. yay! lets grow hair together! hahahha!

Angie said...

my hair is getting too long and i've been wanting to try a new style (something a lot shorter) but i was afraid it would make me look younger. but now that i think about it... maybe i'll get it cut short and donate it (if it's not too damaged!). I might have to consult ate Rio on it. hehehe. Thanx for the fabolous idea.

cleofaye said...

i'm in! :D
i donated my hair too 2 years back. it's been a while i miss my long hair!

Em said...

mwahahaha