Two days to Surgery Day


This week is a pretty big medical week around here.
My mom and Kuya Bang are both going in for surgery in two days.

The last few weeks have been both a blessing and a testing of faith for my family. God's amazing provisions have made a way for my mom to get the help she needs, and health wise He's been more than gracious. {I guess I can go ahead and get it out in the open since we now know what it is.}

My mom is having surgery this Thursday because there is a mass on her back that is going to be removed. After a few medical tests and a negative biopsy, they diagnosised my mom with Lipoma {by definition: A benign fatty tumor.} It's not as serious as it may sound, the word tumor totally gives off the wrong vibe because it's none cancerous, but my mom still needs to go in for surgery as a safety precaustion to her health. To be honest, for awhile we were holding our breath and we were semi nervous, praying that the mass wasn't cancerous but now we know it isn't. Praise God!!! My mom is still pretty nervous about the surgery but I know all will be fine. God's goodness and mercy has seen us through all the hard times, and I know for certain He'll see us through this.

As for Kuya Bang {my godson, Nathan's dad} has been having heart problems. It's pretty serious since he's been having trouble going up and down a flight of stairs and is not able to even carry his son. Kuya Bang is still relatively too young to be having heart problems such as these, so I pray that this surgery goes well not just for him but for the family too. I can't begin to fathom how it must feel to not be able to hold your son because your heart can't take it. I know everything is in the Lord's hands so in all these thing we are all trusting in Him completely. Everyone at church have been soo loving and so gracious to both our family and Kuya Bang's, I am just sooo blessed to call them my church family and to have their love and kindness in my life.


Please keep my mom and Kuya Bang in your prayers.
And for everyone who's been there along these last weeks
thank you from the bottom of my heart.

1 comment:

sharyl said...

wait. what? kuya bang too? what's wrong with him?