Birthday Lovin': Part 2 CakeLove

So the continuation of my birthday went a little like this. Me, Tim , and my mom went home after a grand ole pie from Don's and then I got banished out of the living room as Tim and my mom "set up" the living room once again.


When they said I could finally come out
I was treated to a piece of cake and balloons.




And after blowing out my candles my mom exposed the little box that came with my piece of cake ... and to my absolute delight ... it was a box of cupcakes from CAKELOVE !!!!



{strawberry, and chocolate ganache}


I gave my mom the biggest 21 year old hug I could muster up,
then placed my lovely tiara from Tim on my head
and smiled with delight at the sweets that laid before me.


Then in no time at all I dove right into my share of cakelove.



It was the best darn piece of cake and best set of cupcakes I'd ever had!!! For month's I've been itching to get my share of some cakelove and it was every thing I dreamed of. Since finding out about Sprinkles on the west coast, back in the fall, I've been on a mission to find our cupcake equivelant {because, sad to say there aren't any Sprinkles location here on the east coast}


{piece of "Heavenly Hazy"}

And after doing my research across the entire DC metropolitan area,
and CakeLove was at the top of every list.

The founder and owner of CakeLove is Warren Brown, the host of Sugar Rush on The Food Network and also the owner of Love Café. {If the man is on The Food Network I know his cakes must be the "creme de la creme" and worth searching for}. I was absolutely flabbergasted when my mom told me they'd be opening up a cakelove shop in Tysons Corner this May. Since Tyson's is literally across the street from my school I'll most likely be going to go to the mall everyday I have class in the spring just to get some cakelovin'. Haha!


After all the sweets my ate finally got home so it was then time to open up presents. First I opened my mom's lovely card. It was soo cute because first she wrapped it along with my present in a big yellow bow. It's one of the tiniest details of my birthday but every year my mom always manages to give me something yellow, be it a bow, or a dozen yellow roses, or a yellow card or something. It's like our unwritten rule because yellow is both our favorite color and even if it's the smallest detail is one of the details that make me feel the most loved. It's the little things that mean the most.


This is a peak at my mom's card for me, it was handmade looking because my mom know how much I love crafting ... everything she gave me was soo lovingly and carefully thought out.

I love my mom!


The last present she gave me was one thing I've been dying to have. The Anniversary Edition of Breakfast At Tiffany's. I know she secretly gets annoyed every time I pop in Funny Face because I watch it so much ... hahah ... { Funny Face to me is like My Best Friend's Wedding to my sister }


Tim's presents were next. { To simply have him be there on my birthday was good enough for me, but he had a few surprises up his sleeve }


First I got something a little Bubbly...


Then I got a little penguin who wore a present for me ...

<3


{and though this has nothing to do with my birthday, my geetar actually got some loving on my birthday ... and It's offically been a year since I've had it. Twas a present given to me by one of my best friend and her fambam, who just so happens to be the Pastor's fambam...}


I love this geetar, but because I lack free time I'm never able to play it. The only time it get's played is when Tim comes over ... I think I shall learn some new songs this weekend.



When the night finally ended, and mom and sister went to bed I stayed up with Mrs. Molly Golightly. I went to bed to Moon River that night happy as a clam. Big sister's birthday lovin' happend the next day...

... but I'll have to save that for another entry ... more to come ...

1 comment:

My name is Frances said...

HaPpY bIrThDaY!!! Well be-lated birthday :) Looks like you had loads of fun, yay!

When are you and your sister available to come to dinner? So sorry for the long delay :( But yes, let us know your schedules and what days are best.
Glad your birthday was filled with blessings.