One Romantic Little Donut


At the stroke of midnight, I was surprised by my lovely little family.


I just so happened to be talking on the phone with Tim at the time
{who was in on the whole thing, so i hear},


and as I was called to "help" my mom out in the living room I was blown away by such a wonderful, and may I note quite romantic, little sight.


While Tim kept me busy on the telephono, both my mom and sister were busy decorating our living room with twenty one candles, a cupcake balloon, and a sprinkle covered donut as a substitute cake {sprinkles make the diongzon sisters happy by the way}. The donut was kind of random I confess, but thats my fambam for you ... we're pretty random like that.


It was quite a romantic sight, and I give credit to my sister for conjuring it all up, and to FRIENDS for the inspiration {Monica proposed to Chandler in her apartment lit with candles scattered all over the apartment and it was such a lovely sight}. And because we Diongzon girls always stick together, as silly as it sounds ... we have the tendency to do the romantic little things we dream of or are inspired by ... for each other. We're sappy like that.


Before I began blowing out my twenty one candles, I was requested by sister dearest to say one thing I'm thankful for before blowing out each candle. It wasn't a difficult task, the hardest part was narrowing down a list of 21 things I'm thankful for because there are way more than 21 things to be thankful for in my life.


Here are a few that I said: sprinkles, friends, my salvation, Mr. Mac A. Roni, Tim, my sister, my dad { i miss him terribly, especially during these unforgettable milestones in my life ... but my gratitude is for the foundation he build this family on, and that foundation is faith and love for the Lord, and for each other } ...


... and my mom, who was actually the last candle. I only hope and pray that one day I may become at least half the woman my mom is. In my eyes she's the strongest woman I have ever known, or will probably ever know. My faith and strength pale in comparison to hers because she is steadfast and unmovable in her faith, and that is the most beautiful thing I see in her.

It was such a lovely way to start my birthday lovin' and that alone could have been it for me , I would have been one happy camper... but there's more, lots more ... more to come on another entries so stay tuned, this was only the beginning.

1 comment:

myrrh said...

a touching entry =)