22 Candles

Sigh, I'm getting old. I might not look the part ... yet ... but I'm slowly getting there.

Haha. Today marked another year to add to the number of candles on my birthday cake. And though I didn't have a cake this year, I did have a cupcake tower made my none other than my beautiful sister and I did manage to blow out some candles at midnight.

Also I didn't get to do it one by one like I did last year and I'm not even certain if I had 22 candles to begin with ... still I want to say 22 things I am grateful for. {I could honestly go on forever if I didn't have some sleep to get to} But anyways ... here it goes.


22. 22 beautiful and wonderful trying years.
21. My left hand ... silly maybe, but I'm a lefty ... but I do have ambidextrous tendencies sometimes.
19. Hugs ... who doesn't love hugs.
18. My job ... could have lost it but by God's grace didn't.
17. Lip balm & Chapstick ... I gotta take care of my big lips some how
16. Midnight candles and phone calls from people who care.
15. My new phone
14. My two ears ... to be able to hear beautiful things with or use my phone with .. haha
13. Laughter .. it's good medicine
12. Trials, they make you stronger, they make you persever and grow
11. Cupcakes ... any kind really
10. Forgiveness & Salvation
9. Glasses, to see life a little more clearly
8. The Bible, to see life a little more clearly
6. Friends who have hearts the size of Texas
5. Tim, who helps me keep sane and keeps me smiling
4. A sister who's love never ceases to amaze me. She's the best !!!
3. My mom, who teaches me how to be a strong Godly woman everyday.
2. Blogs, photography and notebook paper to help me document this life I've been given.
1. Sleep ... which I take for granted and need to get to soon.


I've been soo extremely blessed, and though this was probably the quitest birthday I've ever had it was very becoming of me. Growing up makes you look at life with more appreciative eyes, making the little things count just as much as the big things. And this day was filled with little blessings I'd hold near and dear forever.


Thank you Lord for each and every blessing, You are so great and so steadfast in your grace and love I pray that everyday I make you proud and bless Your name with my life.

No comments: