A date with Stanley

My first California visitor of 2009.



Some time last week I spent an early morning doing some freelance work in DC {that I promise I will share as soon as I'm able to} I headed downtown to have a date with Flat Stanley. And after one day with him out and about I definitely under estimated this guy's popularity.



After finishing up some freelance work I pulled Flat Stanley out because I thought he might like a warm cup of coffee at Starbucks before sightseeing downtown ... and to my surprise an old friend of Stanley's stopped us just to say a quick hello and offered to take our picture together since I didn't have any extra hands.


Please excuse my dumb looking face ... I was stunned that Stanley had a friend this far away from home.



After our little picture together Stanley and I walk a good 20 blocks to reach the National Mall, and though it was quite a walk Stanley was in high spirits and even wanted to take a picture while waiting to cross the street.


Our first order of business while downtown was visit the White House.



Where once again .. Stanley found another old friend so we hung around there for a little while.




Then we went down to the National Monument where Stanley goofed off showing me how he was taller than our National Monument .. what a kidder. And again ... found some old friends. Told you he was popular. And man I felt like a nobody in his company. Hahah.



While on the national mall we not only saw other tourist but also a few brave runners so Stanley did a little running of his own. As you can tell from his face even if it was a lot colder than his California weather, he was enjoying himself alot.



One of our last stops was the Capital. Where for one of the first times that day instead of finding old friends .. we both made a new one who so kindly helped us take this picture. What a blissful date with the oh so famous Flat Stanley and I'm definitely glad me and my family got to host him in our beautiful city. He'll be returning back to sunny California before the weeks end I just hope he had a wonderful while he was here.

1 comment:

noreen said...

Ica! Thank you so much for being Flat Stanley's first host and showing him around! I have never ever been to the East Coast (oh except Disneyworld!), and I feel like I sort of get to travel vicariously through my little paper doll. It looks like you two had lots of fun together, and you've captured those moments so beautifully! [You are so talented!] I'm so excited to share his journey with my block mates then send him out on yet another adventure!