The art of losing yourself

Your will above all else.
My purpose remains,
The art of losing myself
In bringing You praise

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart is to bring You praise
From the inside out, Lord my soul cries out

A thousand times I've failed
Still Your mercy remains.
And should I stumble again, I'm caught in Your grace
Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame

From the Inside out - Hillsong United



Today at church we finally got to sing this song and introduce it to the congregation. As a Praise team, and part of our music committee's goal this year is to become "uninhibited worshippers". Since the first meeting of this fiscal (calendar) year I've had our goal stuck in the back of my mind.

By definition I knew exactly what it means to be uninhibited, without restraint or free from inhibitions. And as worshipper I concluded that it means one who worships without restriction, without hesitation. But it is far more that that. As the song says,
it is the art of losing yourself, to bring Him praise.

With all the chaos of our daily lives we have a tendency to lose track of so many things. Like time, or money or we lose track of what's truly important,
when in fact the only thing we should be losing is ourselves.

We become so consumed with our own ( "our own" ... see that... double possessive) goals, our own plans, our own schedules, our own things, even our own work ... when half the time we pay little or no attention to the Lord's work, or the Lords plans.

I know I, myself am guilty of doing such things but I'm working on it. I find that I am a good loser. I lose at a lot of things, games mostly, and I physically lose a lot of things then find them after awhile ... so losing isn't a problem with me.

I always say winning is the easy part, because every one's naturally good at winning ...
it's when you lose that counts for more ... because thats what makes you or breaks you.
I shall be practicing losing myself and in turn I hope you do also.

So go get lost.

1 comment:

My name is Frances said...

Hi Ica!
Yes we are on our way...well, we will be. PJ will be there Jan 3rd, and Elijah and I will follow about 2 weeks later. PJ has to look for an apartment in the DC area near Capital Hill Baptist Church (a couple of blocks behind the Supreme Court), please pray for that.

Don't worry about the pictures, we understand.

Yes, yes so happy for the upcoming SLR, Lord willing : )
-bye bye,
Frances t
p.s. tell your sister and mom we say hi!