Collection of the week {11}

This week I wanted to share a collection of pretty little Polaroids by Scott Hammon. His collection of photos is called "the lovely road" and his photographs are taken all over the place from out on the open road.

I've always adored the look and feel of Polaroid pictures. I love the dynamic of working within a square frame. I'm so use to using the standard rectangular frames of most SLRs, it would be fun to switch over to a square frame for a change. My eyes are so accustomed to a rectangular frame that if I worked within different borders it would probably change my whole style of composition, probably enhancing and bettering my use of space within a frame. I want a Polaroid camera and though buying film would probably be a pain ... it's totally worth it. A Polaroid cam is just another one of the many camera's I'd one day like to add to my tiny little collection of cameras one day.

Here are a few other cams I'd like to own one day: An eight frame - single shot Lomography camera, a fisheye lens Lomography camera, a bigger and better Nikon dSLR (possibly a d200 or higher ... but thats aiming for the stars), and lastly a film SLR to call my own (my sister's NikonFM10 is lovely ... I think I'd like to have one of those in my collection one day ... it's the camera I learned how to shoot on).

No comments: