Baby Elijah's dedication


Last sunday was my godson's baby dedication.


He was such a good boy.


I some how ended up standing next to baby Elijah and Ate Javee during the dedication and when I looked down at the beautiful baby boy in the arms of one my best friends I saw him looking right at me. It was a beautiful moment, followed by an symphony of many more blessed moments. Before all of church and family and friends we made a promise to love, guide and protect baby Elijah and be the love and support for his parents, helping grow him in love, in faith, and in Christ. One of the most special moments that followed was when we prayed for Elijah, I knew nothing else but to grab ate Javee's hand as she was teary eyed and quietly transfer my loved and support for her as a sister, as her friend, and as her one of her son's godparents, all through our held hands.


Ninangs!


Ninangs!


Auntie and Ninang!


After the service, in the excitement of things baby Elijah feel fast asleep.


I promise you he was the best dressed that day in an all white,
3 piece baby suit.


A handful of Ninangs!


Uncle Mark came to play with sleeping Elijah.


And he brought along with him the rest of the boys.


The girls also got together, it's been years upon years since we've been together and I'm so thankful that we all got to share this day with Ate Javee and her beautiful family.


The older boys also came around.



One of the most exciting parts of the day
was Elijah's first meeting with this Great grandmother.


After the party was the after party at Kuya Melvin's and Ate Javee's place ....


But we ended up waiting for baby Elijah, his mommy and some of his tita's who made a stop at Starbucks without us, locking us out.. heheh


Haha.


Upon entering the family's newly renovated space,
I could see Elijah's beautiful face everywhere.


I also took a peek into his closet and found his amazingly cute baby Barong.


While waiting for the rest of the fam to arrive,
I had a very, very, very delightful conversation with my godson.


We gathered in the family room and remnants of past trips
and distant memories filled the space.



Elijah took center stage with the family by his side.


The Martinez Fam and the Medina Fam.


The army of hot tita's and ninangs!


Me and handsome.



Elijah got to do more cuddling with his great grandmother.



Then it was present time!



Followed by CakeLove!!!


Baby cakes for everyone!!!


By the end of the day Elijah's grandpa and uncle were long gone...


... not to long before baby Elijah started feeling the effects of all day partying. He had a big day and later on during the following week he got sick, then so did his parents.

I love this little boy to pieces and I pray that my life my be a testimony and blessing to him. I pray that I am a great godmother to him, guiding him and teaching him all that I am able to and sharing the love of Christ with him as well.

I love Elijah Roy Medina.

2 comments:

sharyl said...

awwwww.... awesome pics ica! thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Awww.. great pixx ninang Ica!!! I Love em!!! <3

And you have yet to come over and baby-sit him!!