"Turn that frown upside down"

After approximately five hours of spinal surgery, five blood transfusions {because of alot of blood loss during surgery} and another transfusion the day after, after being taken out of the ICU and off a ventilator, Travis is doing ok, Praise God!

Yesterday me and my family went out to Johns Hopkins to visit our favorite Pizza Boy.

Once we reached the Hospital campus my uncle met us at the entrance and guided us back to Travis who was still in the Pediatric ICU. The walk to the Pediatric building was long, like walking the span of an airport ... long, I didn't realize how massive Johns Hopkins really is.

Once we got to the waiting room my family was there ... waiting. My aunt and uncle looked as if they'd just walked through a battle field and my cousin Gina looked worn out as well. I know it was a relief for all of us to simply be together. Then we got to talking and Gina told us stories of the 48 hours that had just passed.

If you know my cousin Travis, you'd know how delightful he is and how much sunshine he can bring into any situation. Prior to his surgery my aunt's heart was slowly breaking and it showed on her face. She was in tears having to say bye to him before the surgery, but Travis in all his loveliness give his mom an encouraging smile and simply said to her,

"Turn that frown upside down!"

I love Travis and the moment I saw him I wanted to give him the biggest hug and kiss, but I would have broken him into a million pieces if I did so. My heart ached seeing him so helpless. I can't wait till he's all better because I already miss his gigantic hugs, the kind that only Travis is capable of giving. It's going to be a long month of recovery, and waiting till "our pizza boy" is back to normal, but we'll all help him through it.

To everyone who's sent all their love and prayers thank you so much,
I know Travis and my family really appreciate it and if you could
please continue to keep him in your prayers that would mean the world!

1 comment:

sharyl said...

praise God indeed! will keep praying for his complete (and fast) recovery.