Happy One Year!


I know this is a little silly of me do this, but I wanted to celebrate my 1 year on blogspot! It was about this time a year ago, I'm not sure of the exact date, but I know it was at the end of July that I finally found myself a creative little outlet that I could also share with others. I had my old school xanga that ran a little personal and was a bit wordy, but I was in need of a place to be inspired, to inspire and share the joys of creativity with the world.

Since starting up this here blog, I've reached a few of my mini goals in the last 12 months. Inspiration was number one on my list, both for myself and for others. I wanted to create a place when I could search and share beautiful things that catch my eye, or find artist who move me to become more creative or simply inspire me to be better at my craft.

I wanted this blog to also be a place to help inspire others to get creative. I think that's been my favorite part of it all. When I hear a kind word here or there that a friend has picked up a camera via inspiration Ica, or if they've picked up crafting of any sort having seen my blog, or just by visiting my blog they've started one of their very own ... all of those things have been a blessing to hear and or see.

Here are a few friends who's loving words have brighten my days, giving me the courage to share my work, and who's inspiration and friendship have been intertwined. {Just to name a few: Big Sis, The Besties: Em, Ly, Gie, Cakies, Reinna Sherie, Richelle Jean, Sheerwhimsy, Tim Tolentino, Aileen, Ate Sha }

Another one of my goals was to get my foot out there in the graphic design industry. And by God's grace I've been given opportunities to do a little freelance work ... and Praise God for friends and the internet which made it possible to do my work.

I hope in this next year I will stumble upon even more lovely finds that I can share with the world, inspire even more people to get creative, and continue to get creative myself. For everyone who's been an inspiration, for everyone who's allowed me to inspire them, and for those who've tuned in and checked out my blog ever now and then: Thank you!

Happy Blogging to you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey ica! keep this blog going! i love it! it is amazing! i wonder if u've heard of these videos..
http://www.vimeo.com/1318962?pg=embed&sec=1318962
they are pretty sweet!
-donna!

sharyl said...

yay! happy anniversary! hahah