Hellogoodbye


This week has been an exchanging of Hellos and Goodbyes,
people both coming and going.


The greatest exchanging of pleasantries this week has been the long awaited return of my homeboy TERRENCE!!! He's home for good {for now} from his tour of duties in Iraq. Praise God for bringing him home safely, and in one piece. I've missed him terribly, we all have, no one more than my sister.


Sister's biggest blessing of the night.
Me and Terrence worked hard to surprise her that night, and we got her good!


By the grace of one day's time Terrence got home just in time to see Em-em the night before she headed out to the Philippines! I'm going to miss my Em-em! We're going to miss celebrating her birthday with her once again, I can't believe she's turning 22!

As for traveling back to the "motherland" {haha} My other best friend just left for the Philippines. This means Gie won't be here for both the release of Breaking Dawn AND The second Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Movie!

Summer's are lonesome without two of my best friends.


One more goodbye was exchanged during the same dinner, and that was for our new friend Danee! She's been touring the States for vacation since May, and shes been in DC for the last month and in the time she's been here she's become friends with us all. And though she's been all around the US already she said that this was the one place she made the most friends, and I'm glad she'll take that with her and I hope she's been blessed by our company.

Hospitality and friendship has always been two of the best traits of my group of friends and my church family as well. As good as it feels to enjoy yourself and "stay in your comfort zone" it is a more rewarding blessing to have someone coming to your life and then leave but leave with the feeling of love, friendship and joy. Knowing you've made someone else's day, or have made their visit with you a memorable one, whether it's a day or a month, is a great feeling.


Now let me make a Goodbye of my own.


But a temporary one at that. This weekend me and the fam are headed down to Norfolk/VA beach for my sister's college roommate's wedding. It's a very little vacation from reality for once, since summer's just been passing the Diongzon girls by. A good breath of fresh air is long overdue for us, but it also marks the Wedding craziness that goes down ever summer!


Goodbye and happy weekend to you!


No comments: