I went to bed an hour ago ...

But I am unable to fall asleep.

I can hear footsteps around the house while the rest of the world is asleep, so I'm quite sure both my mom and Travis' parents aren't sleeping either. Besides my own restlessness, I am also conscious of what tomorrow brings.

Tomorrow is my cousin, Travis' spinal surgery. It's a major operation that will take approx. four hours, a 3 day post surgery recovery at the hospital, and a months' recovery/bed rest for full recovery. I don't know the details to a tee but Travis has sever scoliosis since as far back as I can remember, and though he's had a back brace for quite some time now, it's time he had it corrected while he's still fairly young. I'm glad to know that Travis will be in the most capable hands possible for he will be having his surgery done at Johns Hopkins one of the Nations leading medical centers, if not one of the best in the world. But never the less, I pray for his safety and peace of mind for my aunt and uncle. Though it doesn't faze Travis one bit { knowing Travis, it's best that he's not scared at all} I know his parents are nervous and a tiny bit scared.


Dear Lord,

Be with Travis today and watch over him and everyone in the operating room. Watch over him and my family and bless them with strength and safety. There are no word to express who and how much Travis means to me and I am so grateful and blessed to have such a sweet and loving cousin. I thank you for his life and his contagious smile and laughter and I pray that you continue to bless him richly. I pray that in the hours, days and weeks to come that he will be strong and courageous and will recover beautifully and speedy. Thank you for each blessing and for each day.

I love you Lord and in Your wonderful name, Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww ica i will be praying for your family and for travis. the Lord is good and has a plan for everything. i miss everyone and tell them im praying for them ok? i love you!!!
always.
reinna sherie

sharyl said...

i hope travis' surgery goes well. will be praying for them...

on a lighter note... i miss catching crabs in Maryland...