seventeenth

I wasn't sure what to write or what I even wanted to say, but yesterday marked seventeen years since my dad passed away.

It hasn't been easy without him, and as each year goes by I find myself missing him more than the last. My childhood and teenage years where already hard without him, but with the realities of adulthood I find myself longing for his strong arms of comfort and of courage. Stories of who he was inspire me daily to make him proud, hoping that those who knew him would see that even in his absence his baby girls turned out alright. I'm so proud of the person my dad was, most especially who he was in the Lord, I hope that the person I am makes him proud just the same and that who I am in the Lord inspires someone else the way he has inspired me.

I miss you.
- your baby

No comments: