June Bug

There's so much that has gone on in the past few days and even weeks but I haven't had time to really soak it all in, let alone write it all down. Even if I did have enough time to sit and jot down all my thoughts, emotions, and or the daily happenings ... lately I've been struggling with the simple task of collecting my thoughts and putting them into words. Maybe it's the effect of not having a social life, leaving me incapable of human conversation or for that matter, communication in general or it could be the lack of exposure to anything mentally stimulating, turning my brain into an obsolete body part. Which ever it is, I've been left paralyzed in the communications department. In the past few weeks the only form of communication I've truly been exercising is visual communication, via my photography ... and even then I haven't really been able to share my photos with anyone due to lack of time.

So where have I been the past few weeks? Answer: trapped inside this little brain of mine. And as funny as that may sound that's how it's felt for quite some time. Like the thoughts that I think have only been ... well ... thoughts. I'm the kind of person who likes to not only verbalize my thoughts but also act or be moved to act upon my thoughts, and there hasn't been much of that lately. I've got to find some way out of this mental rut ... and I think a release of words, or in short ... word vomit ... will suffice for now.

To begin, its June.

For as long as I can remember my family has had this attraction, or sort of inclination if you will, to both the word and the month of June, I like to call it the "June Bug". Here's why ...

Although my dad's real name was Olympio Jr. Dela Cruz Diongzon, he was always called Jun for short since he was in fact a Jr. As for my mom, her birthday happens to be June 22 and twenty five years ago she decided she wanted to be a "June Bride". You know how they say a June Bride is always a Bride ... well my mom wanted to be just that and she married my dad, Jun on June 4 1983. Little did they know or expect it but on their first wedding anniversary my big sister was born, talk about perfect timing. I think the only other June factors are Father's day, and for both me and my sister we had our proms and graduations in June.

So there you have it the Diongzon "June Bug" in a nut shell.

Of course I had to be the outcast of this family {of course} by first, unexpectedly turn out to be "Baby Girl Diongzon" and not the John Daniel my parents were hoping for, secondly I turned out to be a March baby, where as my mom and sister were June babies and just to throw it out there my dad a New Years baby.

None the less, June is and will always be a pretty special month for this little family of mine. So in fairness I have a tendency to be a bit more introspective than usual. I guess I just have to find a good release. And as Audrey Hepburn would put it ... "I rather feel like expressing myself now. And I could certainly use a release!" (goes off to dance up a storm). And I think I'll go ahead and do just that...


But before I go on ... it was Father's Day,
though every day I'd like to think of as my Father's day. Everyday is a chance to make Him proud, a chance to bring Him praise, and in lue of my own dad, everyday is a chance to be my father's daughter.

I hope I'm making you proud Dad.
I love you.

No comments: