Needles in my eyes

I had needles poked into my eyes today ... literally.

Ekks! It was pretty scary, but it happened all to quickly. I had no time to react really because after my contact check up the doctor then said go and went ahead numbed my eye balls, most importantly my tear ducts, then she inserted an inch and a half long needle into both of my tear ducts, then she inserted the reverse side of the needles {which was another needle} into each eye. Each end of the second set had super tiny silicone "plugs" attached to them which the doctor then inserted into the holes she just created in my tear ducts.

The reason I had plugs put into my eyes is because they are naturally really really dry. The plugs help my tear ducts create more tears, and they will remain in my eyes for the next 6-8 months till they dissolve. It's weird knowing there are things in my eyes although I'm use to contacts, these are just a little more permanent. The plugs aren't visible from the outside but I can feel them inside my tear ducts, it's barely noticable and it's not uncomfortable or painful at all. I've already noticed a great difference since this morning and my eyes don't feel dry at all.

Praise God it all went smoothly and that my eyes are better than before, but I still can't shake the scary sight of those needles. I abhor needles...

No comments: