Crushing emotions

It's been quite an emotional weekend, {and monday}. One my heart is barely keeping up with ... a bit melodramatic, I know, but 'tis true. I've felt soo much in the past five days, I think I've covered just about every emotion known to man .. hahah .. all of it has put crushing pressure on this little heart of mine. But on the upside, it's also let me {not so gently} be reminded that I'm alive, like the lyrics to one of my favorite fall melodies ...

"It's October again. Leaves are coming down. One more year's come and gone. And nothing's changed at all. Wasn't I supposed to be someone. Who can face the things that I've been running from...

Let me feel, I don't care if I breakdown. Let me fall, even if I hit the ground. And if I... Cry a little, Die a little, At least I know I lived, just a little..."
- Bethany Joy Galeotti

I know it's been quite some time since I've really shared anything personal, but a good venting could do me some good. Writing ... and running use to be two of my favorite outlets, but I've definitely neglected to do those two things for myself lately. First, because I was told I look pretty dumb doing one, and second I've been pretty timid to do the other and haven't been compelled to open up a clean page and just let it rip.
But this weekend's emotional roller coaster calls for both.
{Though running might be a bad idea with the chances of snow furries tomorrow}

I have literally traveled from one emotion to the next. Thursday I was starstruck and serenaded by none other than Mr. Ernie Halter himself, then my trip to Georgia was pretty emotional ... but then again what wedding isn't? And in the time I've been away, it's been pretty emotional back at home and I'm just beginning to share in all the emotions my friends and family have been separately going through over the past few days.

Both my mom and my sister have had their own separate battles to fight this weekend. {And no they weren't fight each other if that's what your thinking .. haha} But it pains me that I wasn't home to help carry them through both battles, I love them so much I'm so glad I am home now.
As for my friends, there is soo much to pray about I have not idea where to begin. One particular friend of mine needs the most prayers because the Marines is giving him a hard time. I know the Lord has His perfect plan, but I can't help but worry.

Also, as I've been totally oblivious to what's been going on in the real world because I was stuck on a island in Georgia, the news about the wildfires in southern California only got to me yesterday. I've been thinking of you all ever since and I'll continue to be praying. I love you all!!!!

If all that isn't enough, I've had my own crushing emotions take me for a spin ... and boy am I dizzy. I'll let you know when I get my feet back on the ground, but till then I'm going to be knee deep in work, work, work, work, work!!! I've got 2,000 photos to filter through and edit, handmade orders to catch up on and also add to my shop, and this week at Footlocker we're in over our heads trying to get ready for the Regional Manager's visit.

I'm pretty overwhelmed to sum it up,
but with all honesty ... Praise God.

I've been praying for things to "come my way" ... the good, the bad, and the ugly if it had to be, just anything to keep me busy, test me, try me, build me up or even crush me. The Lord definitely provided that, and now is no time to get lazy, or even give up. Even in so much emotional chaos, I know the Lord is still in control so I'll be ok, I'm always ok. God won't ever give me more than I can handle, so I'm going to take a guess ... He thinks I'm pretty tough huh?

Let's see what I'm made of ...


... or just take me back to the Palm Trees please!!
I've got so much to share about Georgia, just you wait!!!

1 comment:

Em said...

aww i love you ica. i can't wait to see you this weekend so we can catch up. <3