You look like Ingrid Michaelson.

I think Ingrid Michaelson was my customer on black friday... really.

As we all know Black Friday is by far the biggest shopping day of the year, and of course I was scheduled to work. I had an eight hour shift to get through and by the end of it I was spent and semi-delirious. Before my shift ended I had a couple, or at least what I have assumed was a couple, come in looking for a pair of shoes.

From the looks of them both, you could tell they weren't for the area. Their indie/rocker attire and city vibe gave them away, so I asked and they told me they were from NY, specifically Brooklyn. Long before conversating with the pair I saw the woman walk in and she instantly reminded me of Ingrid Michaelson. She had the glasses and chunky barrett and the perfect set of locks to boot. I mentioned it to her and she aggreed to a certain extent.

In the mists of juggling customers, and also finding an impossible pair of shoes for her I got to talk and even joke with her and the guy she was with. They were both extremely nice and were probably my favorite customers all day. Without thinking twice about them after they had left I went on my business selling shoes and serviving the Black Friday crowd.

The next day I got talking with Tim about the events of the weekend, and then I actually recalled my "Ingrid Michaelson looking customer". He's the one who remembered she was in town, {Because earlier in the week I had told him she was playing in VA} ... which got us both thinking ... was that her?

I looked up some photos of her, and the guy who was with her has an uncanny resemblance to a guy in a few of her photos. And just for curiousity's sake I looked up where Ingrid Michaelson's from .. she's actually from NY also.

What are the odds huh?

Was it really her? I'm still not sure. But if it was that's pretty awesome, and she and that guy were so awesomely sweet, down to earth and really hip. If not ... it's still a story worth sharing, especially if the odds were in my favor.

I'm pretty excited about who else may come through our store this holiday season, they say the Redskins always come through during the holidays since we're the closest mall to Redskin's Park, but we'll just have to see.

No comments: