Parables for breakfast

Every second of the past three days something wonderful happened and God's blessings continued to pour out like a steady stream. Though I haven't entirely grasped why, what I do know is that God's love is immeasurable and to great for description. With His love also comes His goodness, and man is His goodness in my life so undeserved. I'm dying to share stories of God's blessings over the last few days but the first thing I wanted to talk about and share are not my own stories, but a story from God's word. I love God's word and the wonderful stories and lessons He has to teach me. May we all have teachable hearts, and "who ever has ears, let them hear" as it says in Matthew 13:18


The Parable of the Weeds: Jesus told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared. "The owner's servants came to him and said, 'Sir, didn't you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from? 'An enemy did this,' he replied. The servants asked him, 'Do you want us to go and pull them up. 'No,' he answered, 'because while you are pulling the weeds, you may root up the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn." {Matthew 13: 24-30}

Growing up, and even now every spring and summer my uncle makes me and my cousins help weed out his garden so I know very well what it's like, but maybe not to the extent of an entire wheat field. This parable is such a colorful reminder to not be a weed in the harvest, but a "good seed". This worship song was the first thing that came to my mind after doing my devotion because for "the harvest" ... "He is coming back again".

Have a great week,
and I hope and pray that God blesses you more than He can me
.. for His favor is so sweet it must be shared and tasted!

No comments: