Collection of the week {09}

I find that I have a strong inclination towards firms or studios who specialize in either graphic design or photography... never both at the same time. I'd rather have a really great graphic design firm, or a brilliant photography studio. I'd keep them separate.

Graphic design and photography are two different art forms and most of the time they go hand in hand, but it's really alot of work to have one design firm developing both at the same time. For most graphic design work you have to have good photographic work to start out with or else you'll be doing a lot more work for yourself, hence that availability of stock photography.

Personally, I'm completely torn between the two myself. I can see myself working in a strictly graphic design development studio one day, and if not I can picture myself developing photographs for an amazing photography studio. I know myself and I think if ever I had the means to open up my very own design firm (most likely not...but who knows) I'd open one that would try to cater to both my design and photographic needs. If anything I'd open a design studio and then partner up with a great photo studio, or something like that...maybe even the other way around. Ok now I'm just babbling about my aspirations.. back to the introduction of this week's collection..

Well this week I decided to share a little about this studio called Spink. Its a pretty small firm that develops both graphic design work and photography. In all honesty I like their design work much more than their photographic work, because I think their designs are more aesthetically pleasing ... but their still trying to make it work and I love them for that.
.
Spink is headed by a young graphic designer, Kayla Schwisow. Her designs are lovely, but not as girly or whimsical as I usually go for, but lovely none the less. I really looked into her work when I found out she design the packaging for 24's season five disc set. Great work ... and great series might I add. I love 24, it's a shame that I ditched last season for Heroes. But that's what the DVD sets are for right? Lol.

thats all.

No comments: