Fabric Day and New Year's Eve

I'm a bit ahead of myself for posting this, but I couldn't help myself.

Every single monday for us sisters is now and forever more: "Fabric Day". For the past four or five weeks now, we set out every Monday evening to go buy fabric. We usually don't buy to much, just enough for a few projects for the week. Sometimes we only go to restock our supply of lining for our projects, and end up skipping the fabric buy of the week. It's a nice time to just be girly, and have "sister" time.

Anyways, coming back from our fabric time we were in the car and we had the radio tuned to 97.1WASH FM. And of course they were already playing holiday music, which in all honesty perturbs the heck out of me.

I absolutely adore holiday music don't get me wrong, it makes me feel all light and bubbly whenever I heard it, but because they've started playing it before Thanksgiving even gets here... it feels like they've overlooked Thanksgiving (my particularly favorite holiday) and have fast forwarded to Christmas already. They only started bringing in the holiday music a week before Thanksgiving for a few years now.. so it hasn't always been like this. (But what can you do?)

Anyways... the music was playing and all of a sudden I'm entranced by the melody of this unfamiliar song, but very familiar voice. And with out saying a word I noticed both my mom and sister were entranced as well. We got home and parked in the driveway but none of us dared to get out of the car yet. We wanted to hear the rest of the song and hopefully catch the title and the artist. The more we listened the more I was assured that it was my girl Stacie Orrico. The station didn't mention the song title or the artist so when we got inside I looked up the song and sure enough I was right.

I've loved Stacie Orrico since her very first album, and I even have an autograph poster of her from my sister who saw her in concert once, so I knew it was her voice. It's very distinct and sultry. But I didn't happen to know this song. It's a new one and perfect for the holidays, well for New year's at least. Hope you like it as much a I do, and add it to your Holiday playlist.

The video doesn't seem to be working properly on my blog so here's the link to Stacie Orrico's AOL session.

So............................................................
what's your answer to the jackpot question?

4 comments:

sharyl said...

well.... i will be celebrating my first as Mrs. Ramos! hahahah!

Anonymous said...

I know, i know.. i've just been so slack with my camera & pictures!!! I'll post up "never before seen pictures" soon.. hahaha. love u!

Anonymous said...

p.s.:

I know where you took the picture of ur "picture of the week".. i absolutely adore it. love u!

Anonymous said...

Check out my blog! We can have a house party next semester!