Thanksgiving Dinner 2007

Twas a lovely thanksgiving with my lovely family. As usual we had a traditional American thanksgiving dinner, but with Filipino flare. Haha. Here's how it went down.



(a view of my cousin's back yard from the kitchen window)

The adult table

The kid's table
Me and my sister had come to a conclusion that the only way we'll ever make it to the adult table is when we get married and have kids of our own to replace us at the kid's table. Age is not a factor. Lol... For now we'll be forever chowing down with the kiddies.
While dinner was still being cooked me, my cousins gina and my mom decided to goof off for a bit.





....Finally dinner got started

Nono was telling me a joke.. see my face? I didn't get it at first. LOL. Here's the joke.

"Why is the cranberry sauce so red?
Because it saw the Turkey dressing."

Oma and Nono*


The kids... Minus two of the boys.

After dinner we made like the Vontrap family and the singing began.

Three generations of the Gatti's sang La cucaracha.
And the rest of the fam watched and tried to sing along. Haha.

Then my very Filipino uncle Bruce sang his original song...
"Bawal Umihi dito"
Then my cousin Gina followed right after her dad and sang her original song, "Life's better"
... she's only 14, so beautiful and talented.. I love her to pieces.
Cousins.
We adopted my best friend into the fam for dinner. Lol.


My sister, about to pass out from a food comma.
I felt the same way by the end of the night.
Thanksgiving day ended with the traditional Movie out. All the girls went out and watched Enchanted as the Aunts and mothers went out to the Outlets to get a head start on some black Friday shopping (they're mad hardcore). Anyways... Enchanted was soo cute and too funny. Disney hasn't made a really good fairy tale story in awhile so it was exciting to feel like a little girl again. Go watch it if you haven't ... It'll make you feel all warm and bubbly inside. Lol.

Hope you had yourself a Happy Thankgiving.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Aww. What a beautiful thanksgiving dinner you had. And Gina!! She's so grown up now!