Rip what you sew

No pun intended. I thought today would be a darling day to sew. The rain made for melodic background music and being that Thanksgiving just passed, it's about time to get started on the Christmas presents.

I started with cutting out all the fabric for my next project, then I sat my tush in front of my sister's singer and went to work. I thought I had this one in the bag because it would be my second try at making this book tote, but the catch was that I'd do it all myself from start to finish ... no assistance from my lovely sister this time, because she had her hands full with our little monster being all sick.

As I began my project I had things well at hand. But some where in the middle I realized that I made a pretty big mistake in sewing two pieces together when I shouldn't have I had to take out the seam ripper. Oh boy.

I think I sat there for more that 45 minutes ripping out a seam that went the entire length of the bag both horizontally and vertically, but I eventually got it out. I don't ever want to do that again , I've learned my lesson and next time around I think I'll get it right. Tomorrow will be the big test.

Here's the end result. Not bad ... but not perfect.

the end.

3 comments:

Rubyellen said...

I LOVE IT!!!

Angie said...

Looks pretty good to me. I don't know how you guys do it. I'll never have the patience.

helen said...

beeeee-yoooo-tiful tote! :D