Crabby Mornings

Saturday morning, I headed downtown with mother
dearest to fetch us some crabs at the marina.










As we were passing this particular shop, my mom told me stories of how she and my dad would go to that shop first every single time they went to the marina {and that was quite alot}, then they'd eat, sit and talk, then be on their way to get some crabs. I love hearing stories of my mom and dad together ... because it's something I remember very little of. It makes me happy thinking of how they were together.









Then while waiting for our crabs to cook, me and mother got a quick lunch.




We headed to the gourmet line and got some stuffed crab.




We ate by the boats ... with 3 little birds overhead.



Then we were done.





Then we headed home with our crabs.


But before leaving the city, we made sure to have a major dance party!


{stolen shot out of mother's window ...}


Last shot ... the DC stairs. History lesson for the day, these set of stair that lead right to the edge of the tidal basin use to be the "gates to the city" ... back when everyone traveled to DC by boat . And though the stairs look like they lead to nothing, this was once where everyone entered the city. Bet 'cha you didn't know that ... or maybe you did, either way ... i heart dc.

1 comment:

sharyl said...

aaaahhhhhh crabs! send me some!