Farewell Fortune cookies!

Today I will finally be saying goodbye to my little chinese restaurant.

There have been both good days and bad days, yet most days I've some how managed to find little ounces of laughter in the most random things. Who knew that Chinese food service was full of so many giggles. Let me share some of this Chinese giggles with you before I depart from the restaurant.

Chinese giggles:

1. "May I order a Large Happy Family please." Haha! Every time a customer orders a Large Happy Family a million thoughts go through my head which usually brings on an inappropriate case of the giggles. Thoughts like, hmm I'd like me one large happy family of my own, or ... so I'm guessing your family isn't so happy huh?, or Sir you know that a large happy family really shouldn't come inside a Chinese take out box ... it just sounds wrong.

2. "May I order a Large Orange Chicken please." I'm usually thinking, really an orange chicken? What color do they normally come in? Could I possibly get a yellow one?

3. "May I order a Large Chicken Fried Rice with no chicken please." Really? OR you could just order plain fried riced? Silly person.

4. It kills me every time a customer comes in asking for their order to come extra extra extra extra extra spice, because when I ask the cook, "CHUNG! I NEED THIS ORDER EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA SPICE PLEASE!" He replies back with his priceless Chinese accent, "OK, I KILL HIM, SO SPICY!" Hahahah

5. Talk about the cook and his Chinese accent, it's the funniest thing hearing him have a conversation with our sous chef. Ever hear Spanish spoken with a Chinese accent? Haha!

6. It never fails to amaze me how many people will walk into the restaurant, taken we are only a carryout, or delivery restaurant not a sit down one, and ask for an order "To go please." Walking in to the restaurant I wonder if customers ever notice that there aren't any tables to sit and eat at.

7. Stepping inside the walk in refrigerator for the first time was a funny experience ... I was scared I'd get locked in ... but all I needed to do was push the door open to get out. My boss witnessed all of this and just stood there laughing at me.

8. "PANDA WEST!" ... OK I wasn't working this particular night but it kills me everytime I hear the story. My sister was working one night and she was exhausted from the day, usually when we get an order we yell, "ORDER!!" to the kitchen but my sister absent mindedly yelled out "PANDA WEST!!" to our cooks ... heheh we were laughing for quite some time after that night.

9. Opening up a fortune cookie that says "You're pretty" always stirs up giggles.

... thats about all I got { to stop at 9 is kind of funny } hahah but thats all


Farewell Fortune cookies!

2 comments:

sharyl said...

no more cripy beef?! oh no.

Em said...

bye bye panda west!