Collection of the week {14}

2008 shall be a fairly eventful year (I just know it) and one of the many events is the summer Olympics in China. I know it's only the fourth day of the year and I'm already thinking about the summer, but this all pertains to this week's collection.


One of many graphic designer I'm currently loving is Mike Perry. He owns a small design studio in Brooklyn, NY and I feel upon him through his book, Hand Job. I've forgotten where I first saw his book, but I do remember that when I first saw it and got past the underlying connotations of it's surprising little tittle, and after flipping through a few pages, I was completely drawn to his typographic art and I wanted to see more of his work. His style of type is so playful and inspiring, making me appreciate the basics of art itself, hand made. Who says typography is best at the keyboard? Go hand made!


Anyways, some of Mike Perry's clients consist of Urban Outfitters (a favorite of mine), The 2008 Olympics, Nylon Magazine, NY Times Magazine, Threadless, Dashboard Confessional, MTV, and he's even started his own little fashion magazine Untittled. His magazine is quite lovely, delicate, and beautiful in all it's simplicity.

Check out his site: Midwestisbest,
and you'll most definitly leave it inspired, because I know I have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY! GIRRRL! happy holidays! I love YOUR BLOGSPOT!! I draw so much inspiration from you!!! Hope all is well dear!!
-Donna!