Mustard Seed

Vintage and Parables, hand in hand



Yesterday after church the girls and I took a trip to a little boutique we've been dying to explore. The Mustard Seed lies hidden between shops in downtown Bethesda, MD looking like a house misplaced amongst city traffic.

It was a fun little exploration, but I think the 20 degree weather didn't just knock the wind right out of us, but it also knocked the shopping right out of us too. We all walked away empty handed, but knowing the Mustard Seed is there at our disposal was good enough to keep us warm as we trekked back to Em-em's car.

After awhile I got to thinking about the name of this ever so lovely boutique ... mustard seed. I don't know how or why the name was chosen and used, but I do love the fact that it makes me think about my faith.

In Matthew 17:19 & 20 it says, "[...] for truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you."

No comments: