You know that “bleeding” doesn’t hurt.

After a few hours of homework, three chapters from Graphic Design Solutions to be exact, I decided to take a little break. Still wanting to keep up my design high of the day, I went online and did some inspiration hunting and found this..

I some how stumbled upon this blog and ended up having a good laugh. It's another one of those "You know you're a _ _ _ _ _ when..." lists, but for graphic designers.

Ok, so I'm no professional graphic designer just yet, I've got a lot of school to go through, but I've been making my way through the design world one thumbnail at time and slowly but surely I'm learning the ins and outs of the industry, so this list made all the sense in the world to me.

{Here are my ten favorites}


You know you're a graphic designer when...

You tell stories of exacto-knife inflicted wounds with grizzled sort of pride

You look upon a well-designed project with either:sympathy OR extreme jealousy

You are pro-facebook because 95% of the myspace accounts burn your retinas

You know that rivers are more than just water.

You know that “bleeding” doesn’t hurt.

You’ve been spending three days non-stop on a project and it still looks like {crap}.
You find yourself overcome by Deathlust.

“You know you’re a Graphic Designer when… you look at the clock and see it’s about midnight and think ‘I’ll go to bed now’… and you actually go to bed about 2-3am”.

You have a thing for chairs. You don’t know why.

Seeing someone use Lens Flare or Comic Sans adversely affects your blood-pressure

Apple+Z is the first thing that goes through your mind if you drop and break something.



Happy designing.. lol

No comments: