Lu Zhang



I was at my aunt's house and my sister passed me the
SPACES MAG: Washington DC. In it I saw this spread
on a this artist named Lu Zhang.

Lu is a fine arts graduate from MICA (Maryland Institute College of Art), a school I secretly dreamed about attending. Prior to college, I've only taken one graphic design class and my teacher for that class was actually a MICA alum. She tried to persuade me to attend school there and study graphic design. After high school I took a year off and never saw my teacher again. Since then I've done half of what she wanted me to do, study graphic design...

Ok... back to Lu Zhang. Lately I've been doing a lot of hand drawn sketches and when I saw the spread about Lu Zhang it showed some of her super delicate, and intricate drawings. The detail she puts into her work is insane, and truly one of a kind. I can only imagine how much patience's she must have for all of her pieces, beats my broccoli pieces by a million miles.



Lu Zhang

No comments: