sketchy saturdays

Saturday was a very full day. The day started out with an egg sandwich that I cooked up then it was followed up by a quick look at the day's comic strip. Tim knows I much I love Pearls Before Swine so as part of my Christmas present he got me a little Pearls before Swine day-by-day calendar. Here's what it said on saturday...



HAHA ... It funny how Sat's comic was SO in tune with my day. LOL. Later I had a lunch date with mother dearest at Panera (a forever favorite of mine), then it was followed by a little trip to The Mustard Seed. Once again we didn't have much luck there, ... but there's always next time right?





We went through Friendship Heights and I love how it is always so colorful at night. Later on me and mom headed out to church for a music committee meeting, where things got a bit sketchy.



We had a "listening party" for our Easter Cantata music and listened to the possible selections over pizza and drinks.



I brought along my Blissful little journal, which I do on a normal basis now ... that journal never leaves my side ... and while listening to potential Easter pieces I began sketching my little friend named Nikon.



I admit sketching during a meeting really isn't the smartest thing to do. But I it, and I even went and sketched my mitten on the opposite page.



My mom caught me sketching but instead of stopping me she went and asked me to draw her cell phone, so I did.



Then I went back and built up more of the tonal value on my camera sketch. It's no Mona Lisa but pretty it's decent for a spur of the moment-I'm not really paying attention when I should be- and I should so be getting in trouble for this-sketch.

I'm really trying to get back into the habit of drawing. I've been inspired by Lu Zhang, and both projects: cakies and broccoli. Also I'm trying to get more in tune with my basic artistic abilities, so that later I can come back and bring more of my hand drawn/handmade elements into my graphic design.

No comments: