Collection of the week {01}

Week01.

Each week I always happen to stumble over amazing art collections online. They vary from photoblogs, to design portfolios, photo collections, art blogs or even work done by whole design firms. So I've decided to share my findings here on my blog with a "collection of the week" blog that I will post once a week. Hopefully I can maintain consistency over a few weeks with my finding and hope that you enjoy my findings as much as I do.

This week was a tough one. It's the first week and I've found many collections and portfolios I really like over a span of a few weeks now. To choose where to begin and select which collection so share first is difficult. But for my sake I'll just start with the latest collection I fell upon.


I'm not so sure how I ended up on this collection of photos but this site really caught my eye and kept me coming back for more. I found this photoblog by a two girl named Stephanie Congdon Barnes and Maria (I don't know her last name). At first glance I didn't think much of their two photos on the main page. But once I read the tag line for the collection which read, "3191 a year of mornings", I was captivated. I thought that was a fun play of words and the photos, both simple and clean, supported the tag line and I wanted to both read more and see more.


The concept behind the collection is a compilation of two photos a day (both taken in the morning) but by two different bloggers who live 3191 miles away miles from each other. I thought this was such a clever and original idea and wanted to share it with you. Have fun checking out their mornings, and maybe you can share with the world what your morning look like.

No comments: