Collection of the week {02}


This week was easy to choose a collection. I don't know why I didn't start out with this collection to begin with because since the first time my sister showed me Oh Joy! a couple of months ago, it's become my all time favorite studio. No matter how many design studios, collections, portfolios or blogs I find and fall in love with, I keep coming back to Oh joy!

Oh joy! was started by a designer named Joy Cho, a communications major (minor in printmaking and fibers) from Syracuse. Her studio is based out in Philadelphia and she does identities, prints and patterns, fashion advertising, and lastly wedding and events. Some of clients include Mattel, 7th on Sixth, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Vanity Fair, Express, Swell by Cynthia Rowley and Ilene Rosenzweig, Target, Polaroid, QVC, and Urban Outfitters.

Her designs are so light and fun, simplistic but funky. Above is a company identity designed by Oh Joy!.. darling isn't it? Her products are the kind I want to produce myself... one day. I've still got so much learning and growing to do as a designer, but for now I take loads of inspiration from studios like this. Hope you fall in love with Oh Joy! and enjoy her work as much as I do.

1 comment:

Rubyellen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.