El Pollo Loco

I remember the feeling I had sitting in my spanish two class my sophomore year of high school wondering, "So, when am I ever really going to use spanish? Seriously." That was a good four years ago.

Little did I know, what little spanish I did learn would eventually come in handy one day. Like today, Like this week. I stand corrected thinking that I'd never put my spanish skills into use. It did come into really good use when I was in high school and I'd always hang out with my latina friends, or go over to my friend Ana's house for authentic Mexican meals... but I haven't done that in awhile.

Now I babysit this little girl name Gabby who speaks "span-glish" according to her mom. But she speaks more spanish then english around me. I'm really rusty with conjugating verbs, and even simply nouns I've forgotten completely... but I'm trying. For now I shall I shall be "el pollo loco". Adios mi amigos.

2 comments:

sharyl said...

Hey Ica! guess who's on blogger now??? hahahha

Mr. Nice Guy said...

i always think that, and still do! i haven't used a single lick of spanish yet, and it makes me sad, lol!

but at least i speak tagalog more than i usually do! :P