Freshman Fever

There are a few people in my life who constantly remind me of how old I am,
and one of those people would be my cousin Gina.

In my mind she's forever 4 years old, but in reality she's a beautiful fourteen year old and freshman in high school. This past weekend was a semi-big milestone for her because it was her first homecoming.

Of course both me and my sister had to be there to both document and assist my cousin for her first high school dance as well as help out her friend Allie.

It was quite a "girly" event.

Magazines, makeup, curling irons, lots of laughs and a bit of drama ...
{...highschool...}

The drama for the night was a wardrobe malfuntion.

My cousin's beautiful dress wouldn't zip up all the way and although Gina is soo far from "girly girl" ... she really liked this particular dress and didn't want to break it, rip it, or ruin it just so she could wear it that night, but she had no other choice. Eventually we did what they do at runway shows when something like this happens, we sewed her into that sukker and called it a night.

Both her and her friend looked lovely by the time we were done with the both of them, but because of the dress drama they were running a bit late and they were still headed to take pictures at another friend's house. Before they ran out the door I was able to snap a single shot of both them...
These girls are too silly but they looked darling for their first high school dance.

No comments: