Collection of the week {04}


The collection I chose this week is Sean Armenta's photography. I guess I should say kuya Sean, because he's the husband of one of our good family friends in California, though I've yet to have had the pleasure of actually meeting him. He's a fashion photographer and has worked with Paul Frank, and Paul Mitchell. He's had publications in a number of magazines such as Cut and Dry, Trendsetter Magazine, and InStyle.

A few months ago I went to Paul Mitchell the school in Tysons, where one of my "sisters" studies and I was flipping through Cut and Dry Magazine and fell upon a spread taken by kuya Sean, and following it was a spread about kuya Sean himself. It was that first picture of his studio that gave it all away. I've been on kuya Sean's site many times and under his studio information is a picture of his space. There was a very similar photo published in the magazine and knew it was kuya Sean's space. Later on I went through my "sister's" color book and I instantly knew most, if not all, of the photography work was kuya Sean's work because I saw some of the photos on his site already.

I myself, don't have to much of an eye for fashion photography, I think I take on more of a journalistic approach to my photos, but I appreciate fashion photography just the same. A beautiful photograph is ... a beautiful photography, whether it's fashion, journalistic, or anything in between.

No comments: