Eggs for Breakfast

(Notice: Photos in this blog are a dramatization of last Saturday's surprise)
Early on Saturday morning I was surprised with a lovely little text from a friend of mine. We were both headed to a church calendar meeting later in the morning and we needed a guitar for praise and worship before the meeting so she txt me:

"Gud am. Wld u hve rum 4 ur guitr in the car?
If so, pls bring. Thnx. If not, let me knw. C ya."

I then replied back telling her that I'd be glad to bring my guitar, but I don't have a strap for it. In less then a minute she replied back saying,

"I hve a friend 4 u guitar!"

When I read the txt I wasn't quite sure that to make of it. I didn't know if I was understanding her text lingo correctly... but what I made out was,

"I have a friend for your guitar..."
(in response to my txt telling her that I didn't have a guitar strap, I assumed she was saying)
"..I'll have a guitar strap for your guitar"
(...or something like that)


Found out I was totally off. She brought me breakfast.




Mind you, it was inedible... but it breakfast none the less.
An egg.

Let me tell you a little bit about the significance to "the egg". At my church, in a typical Sunday worship service you would see that I am part of an all girls praise band. I'd be one of the girls singing in the front, but I'd be the one singing the alto harmony shaking her left hand perpetually on every other beat. That would be because I am the "egg shaker". Due to a lack of resources during the course of academic school year, both our drummer are away at school, I was appointed to be the percussion stand in. The egg I've been using has run it's course and it's taken all the abuse it could take so my ate jay brought me a new one. A better one.

I'm no crazy egg fanatic like one of my bestest friends, but
I do love eggs.

No comments: