Mission trip Summary

The trip started out Friday morning just me, Hope and her Dad Jay ... with a scenic 6 hour drive out to Claypool West Virginia.


After getting settled in at our hotel We met with all four mission groups Samaratan's Feet, Coca Cola, Medical Samaratan's and Playbook for life for dinner. Both Hotel accomodations and food were provided by Coke.

Early Saturday morning we all met up for Breakfast to get instructions and directions to start our day. The we all ventured of to the little town of Bradshaw up in the mountains about 45-50 mins away.

Once we arrived in Bradshaw we were told a bit about the history of the church we were working with and this was their current church building.

At around 8 in the morning it was about 40 degrees outside and fog covered the whole area till the sun peaked out over the mountains later in the morning.

Further on down the road was their new church site. It sits right in between two of little mountain peaks and consists of two large storage houses as their church building.

The moment we got their at about 8 we had our work cut out for us. We had to unload boxes and boxes of shoes and unpack each individual pair so that they'd be ready to be put on.

Before unpacking all the shoes we received our Samaritan's Feet t-shirts and went to work.


While unloading all the shoes a pile of empty shoe boxes started to pile up outside.

Here is my papa for the weekend Jay and the handsome Nigerian is Manny, the man who started this whole ministry.

I love Manny, and as you can see he's quite a tall man but it's perfect because the size of his heart and the size of his passion for serving God and serving others fits his size to a tee.

This is Mike (the first Michael of two from that day) and He was my first partner. He was one of the first feet washers of the day and I ran for him (Got the shoes and socks for him)

Before we even got started the Coca Cola team already started building the stage and pulpit for the church and through out the day you could hear them at work hammering and working the day away. It was quite an experiance seeing Coke help build up a church.

Before any one came in to get their feet washed and get a new pair of shoes and socks they had to be sized first.

Then the washing began.



And shoes were given.


And souls were saved, and lives were changed.



This is the other Mike. My newest brother.

And that day I met Mike, Mike met my friend Jesus.

A the end of the day we had a outdoor service for the church and the people of Bradshaw.

And the Pastor was brought to his knees.




By the end of the day 303 pairs of shoes were given, and before those 303 pairs were recieved about 300 pairs of feet walked in and were washed, prayed for and love. Though there is one number that remains unkonwn, probably the most important one to know, but countless came to know Jesus as their Savior and Lord that day... only God knows.

I am absolutely blessed and grateful for the group of people we went with and I pray that were ever God leads them next that God will do great and mighty things with all of them.


The trip seemed all to short by the time it ended but I know that the work and the seeds that were planted that weekend in the hearts of the people of Bradshaw have only just begun to grow.



Dear Lord,
I pray that you be with that little town of people who are broken, lost and in need of love. I know that only you can take care of their every need whether it be physical or spiritual. So I lift them up to you and I thank you for allowing me to spend a weekend with them "loving on them" and bring them to You.
-Your Servant

{There is soo much more I'd love to share about my trip, so stay tuned for more}

4 comments:

Rubyellen said...

Love the pics and blessed by what you did out there. My favorite pic is the one with the colorful shoe boxes against the wall... i love that!!!

Mr. Nice Guy said...

YOUR PICTURES!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!



SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD >_<

sharyl said...

that was really touching and inspiring. im so proud of you Ica! I'm really blessed to see you use your many many talents for God's glory.

Em said...

awesomeness.

ica can you please send me the original of the one w/ the shoeboxes? cause i want to make it my background. lol love ya thanks!